The mission of the Health Department is to ensure the public health and safety of the residents of Westfield by accomplishing the following:
- Environmental Protection
- Public Health Nursing
- Health Inspections and related code enforcement
- Administration of a variety of health and safety related programs and service
The department is overseen by a three member Board of Health. The members are as follows:
- Juanita Carnes, N.P., Chairperson
- Dr. Stan D. Strzempko, M.D.
- Carrie Hildreth-Fiordalice @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Limiting the amount of fats, oils, and grease (FOG) we put down the drain can be beneficial for everyone. Please read more on how preventing FOG from entering our city sewers, and septic systems can save residents money.
Radon is the #1 non-smoking cause of lung cancer. Have you had your home tested? Come to the Westfield Health Department to receive a FREE home radon test kit.